Is Your Activism Zero Waste?
Join the movement for a Zero Waste / Toxic-Free World! Some suggestions:
- Start by segregating your waste into ‘bio-degradables’, ‘recyclables/upcyclables’ and ‘toxics’. Compost the bio-degradables. Make sure that your recyclables get to actual recyclers (not dumps). Eliminate toxics, especially plastics, in all forms.
- Find or create eco-friendly substitutes for toxic products. Source these locally to support the local economy.
- Conserve water, paper, petrol and electricity.
- Walk or bicycle as much as possible.
- Host ‘upcycling’ workshops, in order to make beautiful, useful and durable items out of waste.
Check out websites on zero waste at www.swaraj.org/shikshantar/udaipur.html